Thursday, March 14, 2013

Strawberry Pineapple Protein Smoothie - Kreative Creationz

Hello, Inspiration Café! It’s Kendra from Kreative Creationz, again.
I am so glad to be back sharing one of my favorite things. Homemade smoothies! I just love the fact that you can put almost any fruit and some veggies into smoothies. They leave so much room for creativity.
Now that strawberries are back in season and the price has went from over $5 to less than $2, I have been buying several baskets at a time. I’ve been keeping one basket in the fridge and freezing the rest. Who knows if there will be a crazy price increase again in the near future? I just want to be prepared. Right now I have three large containers of strawberries in my freezer.
The recipe I am going to share is one of my favorite smoothie combinations. It’s simple yet tasty. There’s no dairy (I’m trying no dairy meals for a week) and I added a little protein to help get my day started. Enjoy!

Ingredients 6 Large Ice Cubes 8 Large Strawberries, Sliced ¼ Cup Pineapples, Crushed ½ Cup Orange Juice 2 ½ Tablespoons Soy Protein, Vanilla Flavor

Directions Blend ice, strawberries, pineapples, and orange juice until smooth. Add protein and blend, occasionally scraping sides of blender if protein sticks to side. 

 


Serve immediately. (Makes 2 servings)

10 comments:

  1. This looks like an awesome quick breakfast to me! I have never used protein powder before, but I'll look into it! Gotta love spring for fresh strawberries for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Danni! This tastes as awesome as it looks. I started added protein to my smoothies while I was pregnant because I wasn't eating much meat and I needed to increase my intake. I'm still doing it after almost a year later

      Delete
  2. Yum! I want this for breakfast, Kendra! Wish I had the ingredients in the house...adding them to the shopping list. What a yummy healthy share for the cafe - THANK YOU! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! This is a fantastic breakfast on the go!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, that looks so great! I love smoothies and I've been making protein smoothies the last little while. This one sounds so good! I love your idea of freezing a couple cartons of the berries. Totally going to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Heather! You will love it once you try it!

      Delete
  4. Kendra, I love smoothies - I would choose them over any breakfast or snack! Jummo - thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kendra! I love smoothies. Thanks for the new recipe...
    Talya

    www.gracegritsgarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good. I've been saying for years now that I want to incorporate smoothies into our diets and never have followed through. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm I love smoothies, this looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete