Friday, March 22, 2013

The Real Reason My Husband Married Me - A Few Miner Adjustments


When we got married almost 13 years ago, I didn't know the real reason why my husband proposed. He kept it on the down-low for a very long time. We just went about our business like a normal everyday couple. I never suspected anything. And every once in awhile the hubs would say, "Some of your mac n' cheese would be really good in my belly." Yep. That is how he says it. And happily, I would make this dish for him. 

 
Then one cold and snowy day, about 8 years in, I figured out his secret.
My husband did not marry me for my smile.
He did not marry me for my savvy money sense.
Indeed, he did not marry for my green eyes {although he would tell you otherwise}.
Nope. He married me for my Mac N' Cheese. And I have to admit....I am alright with that. So here you go, Friends....the recipe.

Ingredients:

3 cups of elbow macaroni 3 Tbs of Butter 3 Tbs of Flour 3 cups skim milk Large brick (22 oz) of Extra Sharp Cheddar (Cabot's Extra Sharp is the best) Nonstick cooking spray

Steps:

1. Boil elbows. 2. Melt butter on medium heat. 3. Stir in flour with butter. 4. Add milk to flour and butter. 5. Cut or shred about 3/4 of the cheese and add to the milk. 6. Stir cheese until melted. 7. Drain elbows and put them in a oven safe dish that has been sprayed. 8. After cheese is melted pour that over the elbows. 

9. Bake for 60 minutes at 350. Take it out when it is bubbly and brown on top.

Sometimes we like to make a few Miner adjustments to the ordinary, everyday dish. Just add: Garlic and Onions Shredded Spinach Broccoli (fresh or florets...not cooked prior) Bacon If you want to add some of these (and I highly recommend it) mix them in 10 minutes before it is done baking. Then they will be crisp (well not the spinach). 


Why did your spouse marry you? Go ahead...ask. You might be surprised at the answer!
{Trina}

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back Trina! You may have just made a mac and cheese fan of me! I love Cabot's and the thought of adding broccoli and some bacon kind of make it a meal in my green eyes! I have never made mac n cheese before, but I'll give yours a try because it looks delish! Thanks for guest posting here today, I'm so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danni for having me! Mac N Cheese is a staple in our house. I think the hubs would divorce me if it wasn't. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Mmm that looks amazing any wonder he married you ;) my husband hasn't said why he married me but he has said he didn't marry me or my housekeeping skills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Mel! Thank you. Well, I guess if he didn't marry you for those skills then you are lucky, b.c he can start doing the housekeeping! :)

      Delete
  3. Yum Trina, this looks really good. Mac n Cheese is a staple in our house as the kids love it. But we usually skip the baking stage as they cant wait that long - but I think I need to add it back in again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Natalie...I have never thought about skipping the baking. We like the crunchy parts! My mom actually will crumble crackers on top sometimes.

      Delete
  4. Sounds very similar to my mac-n-cheese. Nothing like homemade. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Yum. I have a recipe that my husband married me for as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my yummm!!! Please pass a plate!!! Great recipe share, Trina!!! My husband married me for my chocolate chip cookies ;) Thanks once again for a great share at the Cafe...such a treat having you! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Mary! I have a really great chocolate chip cookie recipe too. I want to blog about it so bad, but it is kind of a family treasure. No one makes cookies like these. So my brother will not let me blog about it. I understand, but it would be a real hit!

      Delete
  7. This looks incredibly DELISH!!!
    Thank so much for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete